Friday, September 26, 2014

I Have Loved the Stars Too Fondly to Be Fearful of the Night

Whew!  It's been awhile!  Life can get away from us pretty quickly; I can't believe how fast the last few months have gone.  

I haven't posted for awhile for a couple of reasons.  First of all, my family is my priority.  Our life has been super busy and I haven't had much time to feel creative or sit down at my computer for more than a few minutes at a time.  Secondly, I have felt a little down lately.  I'm going to be completely candid here: I often struggle with feelings of inadequacy and depression.  Sometimes those feelings can become overwhelming and all-consuming.  Most people in my life don't know this about me, I have only confided in my closest friends and family.  It is really hard for me to admit this and be so vulnerable because I don't want to be pitied or looked at any differently.  But I think it can be healing to be a little vulnerable.  This is the main reason I started this blog...I try to get above these feelings and have a more positive outlook.

We all have trials and hard times in our lives.  Many times these trials will keep us from doing the things we love and aspire to. Awhile back my sister shared this quote with me.  She basically was just telling me she liked it and I didn't think much of it at the time, but recently I read the entire poem it came from and suddenly it became much more meaningful to me.  



It comes from the poem The Old Astronomer and His Pupil by Sarah Williams.  I find the entire poem to be very inspiring, but my favorite lines are: 
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
This phrase has many meanings for me now.  It gives me hope--hope that even though I will experience bumps in the road, if I keep my priorities on the things I love and that I know matter, life will be beautiful (and the after-life glorious).  Besides, these trials make us stronger individuals.  We would never see the stars if it weren't for the darkness of night.




2 comments:

  1. Recently, I found these line on someone's post rather I was little bit curious to know about what does these means. And found your blog and u added a great sense to these line for me. And also got to know that u are fighting ur depression and anxiety, I wish you get over it. I wanna say u that u will sunshine someday just wait for the correct time. Just like light on earth comes after revolution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!Trials and Tribulations are parts n parcels of life...we must cherish it

    ReplyDelete