Sunday, January 26, 2014

Watercolor Valentine Printables

Valentine's Day is rapidly approaching.  I can't believe how fast time can fly!  I'll be honest, Valentine's Day has never been one of my favorite holidays.  In fact, I think I loathed it in my teenage years. Back then I focused on the romantic part of Valentine's Day, and as I was scared to death of boys at that time, I didn't get much out of it.  But now I know better. Valentine's Day to me now is a celebration of love.  I often shy away from this word too, but we all know that everything good comes down to love.

Love is a complex and diverse word because there are so many types of love.  We love our partner, children, siblings, parents, friends, neighbors, God, we are even told to love our enemies.  But the love given to each of these individuals is different.   I love my husband differently than my kids and my friends differently than my siblings.  I love them all and each type of love is important.  And yet love is so simple.  We are all born with the ability and need to love and be loved.  To love is to serve, teach, respect, share, protect, listen, have compassion, be kind, forgive....etc.  It is the "great commandment"... it all comes down to love.  This Valentine's Day I want to focus on how I can better show my love to those around me.

Use these Valentine printable for your fabric projects, Valentine's card, wall hangings, or whatever your creative mind can imagine.  I am trying to make my own pillow out of one...I'll post it if it turns out.
HAPPY LOVE DAY!





1 comment: