Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fill Your Life With Service

Having a science wired brain, I love step by step instructions and formulas to find solutions to what I need or want out of life.  This quote comes from a talk by President Thomas S. Monson, current prophet and president of the LDS church.  He gives us a three-part formula to guide our lives.

  1. Fill your mind with truth
  2. Fill your heart with love
  3. Fill your life with service
I love how he says we do not just stumble upon truth, it is something we must search for.  Truth for me comes through my faith, by studying scripture and reading words from good and true people...like the quotes I collect!  

As for love, I think love is the answer for most everything.  If we all had more love for our neighbor and for ourselves would we have many of the problems we face today?  I think not.  

Service is just a form of love.  If you love someone, you would do anything for them, right?  We are often so  willing to serve those we love, but we also serve those we don't love or don't even know because we love God.  When we serve others, we serve our God.

You can read all of President Monson's talk here.

download 8x10 printable here

No comments:

Post a Comment